View Single Post
      03-23-2024, 07:26 PM   #1
Donatello.
How's My Driving?
Rep
Drives: Hellcat & Miata

Red face Why is furniture shopping such a pain?

Wife and I are looking for a new sofa and it's such a PITA. This is something one would prefer to try before you buy so that is what we are hoping to do, but not looking good.

Must be power reclining. Now that we have tried the ones that also have power lumbar & headrest, we want those features too. We both don't have the best backs.

I was hoping to get one that has just the 2 larger sections that recline (like what we have now) vs the 3 section sofas with the middle that does nothing. I work from home & mostly from my couch the my work laptop and my personal. So that larger footrest makes my life much easier.

Definitely not interested in faux leather. Been there done that. Initially ruled out real leather due to insane money and upkeep and will likely eventually wear poorly, right?

She doesn't want the microfiber variety that shows where you may have moved your hand etc. Other microfiber is fine.

We were in Raymour today and so close, but no cigar. We liked 3, but the 1 with the larger footrest did not have the power lumbar. They were all the 3 section variety anyway.

Is there any hope here or are the 2 larger reclining section styles just no longer popular so they mostly make the smaller 3 section sofas?

A sectional will not fit where we will be putting it. Current sofa is 84" wide so looking to stay in that ballpark.
2009 Mazda6
Appreciate 1
M_Six16962.00