Thread: M4 vs M8
View Single Post
      12-01-2023, 07:33 PM   #31
T_Munny
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 and others.

I know this is an old post, but I’ve driven both of these cars quite a bit recently. It’s interesting, because when I’m in the M4 Comp, I’m like, I love this car. Literally. It is so fun to drive. And viciously fast. But when I’m in the M850, I find myself in sort of the same situation. I love the pops and the V8. And it is also wicked fast. But it’s definitely heavier and more luxurious. The back seats are definitely worthless, and as a note, both have been convertibles. I did drive an 840i coupe, and it was impossible to get suitcases or whatever out of the back seats. The convertible makes a huge difference there. The M4 actually works with rear passengers.

I have to give the BMW attributes team props. They find a way to make you want all of their cars, for different reasons. As a daily driver, I’d probably lean toward the M850 because the comfort suspension setup is actually comfortable. But the blistering performance of the M4 comp always puts a smile on my face. It’s a tough choice. If you are lucky, and some are, get both.
Appreciate 0