03-24-2021, 06:18 AM   #18
GeniusAdam
BMW Genius
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankiebones View Post
They are so serious about the track possibilities that they did the one thing most that disqualifies it as a track car for most of us (adding a sh*t ton of weight)? You'll get a VERY rare negative comment from me on that one. The majority of the people who regularly track their cars (myself included) won't even consider the car because of the weight. If they have it as a street car they will use a 2nd car as their track car.

It's the the M5 CS. People who can afford that are not likely to take it to the track because they have other options available.
Well, I think generally speaking every new car adds a "sh*t ton of weight" As to why, every new car is slightly bigger, it has more technology, more safety regulations are in place and so on.
As overall package I think it is still better than to have a 4 cylinder + hybrid powertrain in this kind of car, dont you think?

I was just refering to all the information there was/is regarding the cars track capabilities. And from what I have seen in reviews so far, they all agreed that you wont even notice the incereased weight.
Which correlates with this:
Weight-to-power ratio 3.4 kg/Hp, 294.8 Hp/tonne - G80 comp
Weight-to-power ratio 3.5 kg/Hp, 288.5 Hp/tonne - F80 comp DCT

For example I drove the M8 Competition on the track, which is fairly heavier car and it was fun. But for me, this is the kind of car you dont want to track regularly, not the M3/M4.
Unfortunately, thanks to the pandemic, we were not able to have the training for new M3/M4 at the racetrack so I can only refer what I heard and saw in the videos.
Appreciate 0