10-30-2021, 03:47 PM   #33
tracer bullet
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 135i , '15 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
ICE is about to get REALLY inconvenient ... not an opinion, it's already happening.
I follow you and agree it can and will happen, and is even starting today. I'm just talking about how long it'll be before gas stations disappear enough to a point it becomes a chore to find one.

I remember the demise of film for cameras, it took 10 - 15 years after the first decent digitals came out, and everyone was ready to ditch that stuff. We won't see EV's take over nearly as fast as digital cameras did (cars = much higher price, lower availability, little difference in convenience factor) nor will everyone so readily give up their existing ICE cars that have already been manufactured and paid for.

In addition to that, a recent local article described that since Covid hit, gas sales are obviously down but purchases from the convenience stores inside actually went up. Gas stations don't only sell gas, and will continue to exist for quite some time even if their sales of gas go down and the # of pumps drop.

If you want to say owning an ICE car will become inconvenient, we'll agree all day long. And it'll be a steady thing too, sure. And the number of gas stations as well will of course go down. I just opine a longer timeline for it than I think you do.
Appreciate 2
GrussGott18180.50
Cos270608.50