View Single Post
      08-20-2022, 07:58 AM   #1
Overtaxed
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: RR Diesel, F450

What MY represents the end of the big ICE?

I'm not happy about it, but I think we're coming to a close on the monster gas engines that many of us here enjoy. They are already coming out of some American "hot cars", no more SRT Jeep/Hellcat Durango, and likely never to be another again.

I'm both curious on "when" others think, but also trying to time out my purchase. If you look at used prices for the "last of" cars out there, they are incredibly high. The "last of" year for something like an M5, anything Alpina, etc; those cars will probably be great investments and keep their value or even appreciate though time. Long story short, I'm kicking myself for not buying a "last of" Viper, or a "last of" Hellcat Durango right now and don't want to do the same when the "last of" comes to BMW.

Shoot, I might try to get a few of them. But to appreciate, they're going to have to be the "hottest" models, M cars and Alpina. I'm pretty sure, however, if you get one of those, you're going to see an incredibly low cost of ownership for a very expensive car, perhaps even appreciation if you don't drive it much or keep it a long time.
Appreciate 1