05-02-2021, 12:07 PM   #39
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanb06 View Post
. . . Is it possible that what you're experiencing has more to with comparing a long wheelbase car with shorter wheelbase cars? Shorter wheelbase cars could give the feeling of nimbleness without it actually being reflected in the times.
Thank you Ryan

I cannot refute your suggestion in terms of shorter vs longer wheel bases, and impact on handling/'nimbleness.'

That being stated, I am not after reflections in time, and assume you are referencing lap times. I am reflecting upon the feel of the chassis through turns . . . and the G80 feels 'big.'

As per one of my original posts, the G80 might suit the subjectivities of many, if not most. By no means my intent to try and get others to agree with my opinions. However, I believe the size/weight of the G80 chassis might have crossed a performance threshold for ME.

The above stated, I am going to stand my prior statements, including determination to continue to run the G80 through the wringer before drawing any hard lines in the sand. I realize seat time is required and that the car itself needs time to come into its own.

I believe I am pretty open minded and not overly critical, in general, and will try to continue to reflect upon the G80 in such manner over the next few months.

///AVM
Appreciate 1
ryanb0655.00