View Single Post
      03-24-2021, 09:02 AM   #146
HeelToeShift
Major
Rep
Drives: Mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
Nope, no pro driver here. Just a long time hobbyist.

It's been a while since we've seen our resident P-car diehard fanboy on these pages

Indeed, track days have huge variability due to driver skill, but it's still fun to spank proud P-car owners with a car that has kiddy seats in the back .

Even the base 992 is a great car, I agree. Last summer, I had the opportunity to drive a 992C4 on track for multiple sessions. How it was engaging to drive and how well connected it felt is what prompted me to order a 992turbo to replace my M4cs. But honestly, having driven both back to back, a base 992 does come close to matching the track performance of an F82, it is too underpowered (and to say that 379hp is underpowered ). I can't comment on the G8X since I haven't driven one on track yet.
Well, a base 992 is faster than a 991.2 base, in which taking driver level out, the 991.2 was faster than the M4 and in certain cases, very close to the M4 GTS despite being on a regular performance rubber and no a DOT Cup, such as on VIR which is a track that is good for high HP cars.
I do think its crazy how fast the car is with what is not considered today to be a lot of HP. I prefer the way a car drives vs just pure power, hence why I went to a GT4 which just delivers everything I want...and no turbos.
Appreciate 0