View Single Post
      03-23-2021, 08:55 PM   #141
PeregrineFalcon
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: vw cc

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeelToeShift View Post
They just dyno'd a base m3 or m4 and it make 469 WHP, that's nearly 550 crank so in reality the M3/4 make about 170 more hp giving the M3 a significant power to weight advantage.

Drag racing is meaningless to me. How they drive is what I care about most, and the C2 wins in spades there. Plus I think the C2 will be the faster circuit car despite a whole lot of missing hp.
Unless both cars are tested on the same dyno on the same day, it is pointless talking about hp diference other than factory numbers.
And they have actually tested the both cars at the circuit and the M4 was faster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeelToeShift View Post
I've been a long time M fan before diving into Porsche ownership, but have a hard time enjoying the M cars after driving the Porsches. Porsche all around makes fantastic cars, the M cars IMO used to be better but still formidable cars. Anyone can make a fast car...the american autos have proven you can do that. The cohesive car Porsche makes, is hard to match by anyone. And BMW is lucky Porsche has not decided to play in the M3/4, C63/S, Cadi V, Alfa QV sandbox, because they'd dominate the segment.
The only segment where we can compare apples to apples is M8GC against Porsche Panamera Turbo/S, and even if we compare the base M5 against it, it doesn't fare well for the Porsche.

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...mparison-test/

So to say that the Porsche would so easily dominate in the M3/4 segment for the same price point is little bit of a stretch
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan25116.50
Puuhapete145.00