12-30-2021, 04:19 PM   #32
SnowBob
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 330i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicoli024 View Post
Sorry to hear you are having such a hard time finding a quality service department at all these dealerships. Overall, I have had a good experience at Advantage BMW Houston Midtown. I would not say it has been great by any stretch of the imagination; however, they have been undergoing construction to improve their facilities for years now and the whole process has made it difficult on the client to say the least.

The only issue I ever had with Advantage’s service department was when my current car (G80 M3C) sat in their shop for 3 days during the break-in service because they couldn’t figure out which oil to use or how to service it. They said they needed to contact BMW in Germany directly because my car was the first G80 M3 in the city and nobody had serviced one locally before so there was no frame of reference. It seems a little concerning and a bit scary to think their techs are not trained well enough to service their own new vehicles, but whatever the reason or excuse, that was a very avoidable situation.

On the bright side, I’ve never experienced any damage to any of my cars while in their service department but that’s also not to say it’s never happened. I had a friend whose car was wrecked during service at Advantage, so accidents certainly can happen. I guess my point is that scratches and mishaps are inevitable, but if it occurs while in the care of someone else it is important to call them out on the spot to have it documented and corrected. I will continue to use Advantage for service, mostly because it’s covered under warranty and it’s location is super convenient.

Good luck and congrats on the new BMW!
I can understand there is a ramp up in knowledgeability when a new vehicle is release but I would expect that to happened before it goes on sale. They advertise themselves as an M-certified center and I actually looked for this when I was choosing a service department expecting them to have the most skilled technicians. Although I would prefer that they say they don’t know than try to learn on your car. Although three weeks of the M3C is probably $1000 of payments if not more.

I ended up going to Clear Lake yesterday and Greg over there was understanding on my concerns and as as I can tell I got the car back in the condition I dropped it off but I’m purposefully avoiding a through inspection. For example with the black gloss wheels with machined edges — there’s no brining then back to the original condition after they’re scratched.

Here’s a shot of my G20 in front of Nassau Bay in Seabrook when I got it. Yours is cooler though!
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
JeetG80x323.50