View Single Post
      12-06-2021, 10:41 AM   #36
KevinGS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Past 2015 M4, Current 2013 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by iviegatron View Post
Look into exoshield or something similar to protect your windshield. It's like a giant screen protector for your windshield.
I have it, and my windshield still looks sandblasted (and I never tailgate trucks or even pickup trucks!), but I do drive fast with others, so rock chips are unavoidable if you're doing 100mph+ behind other sports cars traveling at those speeds. Even a tiny pebble hitting your windshield at 120 mph will do some damage, let alone several if you happen to encounter some on the road unexpectedly.

But I guess the good news is that they can remove the windshield protection film (WPF) and my windshield will look "showroom new", theoretically. I'll likely have my WPF replaced sometime next spring, so I'll let everyone know if it truly protected the windshield like I hoped.

I have had some big rocks hit my windshield and they took a chunk out of the WPF, rocks that would have likely caused a serious chip or crack in the windshield itself. And the good thing about the WPF is that it self-heals like PPF, so over time, the plastic will heal itself. It's cool...

....but mine wasn't cheap. $500. And I think it's like $100 to replace the WPF each time upon my request. Is it worth it? Not sure yet.

Oh, and BTW, I've had PPF on my laser headlights since I bought it in June, and have had no issues.
Appreciate 1