View Single Post
      06-01-2021, 05:28 AM   #1
Patton250
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3,M5,Turbo S

Let’s discuss steering issues

I watched a YouTube video from a channel called “what’s your forte” and the gentleman describes some serious steering problems. I’ve had my G80 Comp now for 1600 miles. I do you use lane assist once in a while because it’s helpful in certain situations but for the most part I don’t like using it and it’s off. As you all know lane assist only works when you have it turned on and the cruise control is engaged. On this last long trip from Tampa to Atlanta yesterday I did use lane assist for 20 straight minutes and after I noticed the steering acting weird at freeway speeds. Nothing like the guy in his video complained about definitely something noticeable. The feeling like there’s a rolling weight at 6 o’clock position on the steering wheel going back and forth as you move the wheel. So every time turn the wheel slightly to the left or the right like you do when switching lanes or even adjusting in your lane I get the feeling of feedback once I stop moving the wheel. It definitely wasn’t like that prior to yesterday’s trip unless this guys video got to my head and I’m imagining something that’s not there. Anyone else having issues like this? In his video he says he personally knows 15 others with the same problem he has.
Appreciate 2