View Single Post
      09-23-2020, 05:56 PM   #39
Cortexiphan
Major
Rep
Drives: 24' BMW iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by blefevre View Post
Respectfully disagree. This car is in fact closer to the competition now. Gone is the focus on low-ish weight, weight distribution, DCT uniqueness, high RPM redline.
It still has the perfect weight distribution, it’s the lightest in its class, and it has 7200 rpm redline which is the highest among competition as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blefevre View Post
Besides styling what really differentiates this from a RS5, C63, etc? Or hell, even the performance cross overs?.... they would have also put emphasis on differentiating the actual driving experience and not just the styling. It's fine if this is appealing to people who put their #1 priority on different styling, I just need to accept that I am no longer in BMWs target market.
It’s fashionable to create arguments on made-up facts these days. Who said they’re not focusing on driving experience? Even before driving it, pretty much everybody already know that this car will be the best in terms of handling, performance, lower weight, driving experience, and it has the best mass production 6 pot engine on the planet. The design is great, but it’s nowhere near the most significant differentiation from competition. It’s just the most visible at first glance. I mean you even put RS5 there... I hope you’re kidding. You can open the hood and see the engine placement, I don’t think you would need any further proof on how different these cars are.
21’ G20 ///M340i

24' i20 iX xDrive50

Last edited by Cortexiphan; 09-23-2020 at 06:09 PM..
Appreciate 1
530iDriver1707.50