View Single Post
      11-16-2023, 09:09 AM   #8
M4_Randy
@M4_randy
Rep
Drives: BMW G82 M4 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDS View Post
Quick update. I tried this last night on a short drive home via the motorway. The car was already at temp before I reached the motorway since I had been driving around town a little beforehand.

I basically acclerated a few times and then lifted off every mile or so. Whislt it made no difference last night, I am happy to report that the car was shifting into 8th "normally" again, at sensible speeds. In the right conditions, the car will shift into 8th as low as 58-59 mph, so I still have no idea what Sytner were thinking with their claim it doesnt shift into 8th until speeds above 75 mph - or maybe it is them that have no idea.

Anyway, thanks for the advice. I may try and incorporate some of this into my driving behaviour on a reasonably frequent basis to try and keep the OPF as clean as possible!
I just got my car back from BMW and have been having the same issues.. before I gave it to them I mentioned that it seems it might need a regen and when I got it back was told I should now take it for a minimum of 1 hour drive at 70 mph to reset the regen.. I have done this as best as possible but not always that easy here in the UK lol..

hadn't worked so far but did you accelerate a few times to normal motorway speed and just take your foot off the pedal? if so for how long or to what speed before you went again?
Appreciate 0