01-29-2020, 01:01 PM   #194
Boomer 2019
Track Rat
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth-twntrbo View Post
I've seen both the M3 and M4 in person. The grills are quite interesting. I'm still getting the Alfa vibe from it.

RWD is confirmed with a manual transmission while AWD is only available with an automatic transmission. Also, AWD is not available until July 2021 production.
Between your quoted post here, and your next post a few hours later, I am left with questions that I had thought were settled about the transmission and differential pairings available in the M3/M4. Everything I have read to this point has indicated that RWD will be available only with 6MT, and Auto will be available only with AWD. Not my preference, I would prefer Auto with RWD, but if that's how it turns out, oh well. Won't be the first compromise I have ever made when buying a car.

In your posts you state that RWD cars will SOP Nov 2020, and AWD cars will SOP July 2021. If this is the case, and the consensus of opinion of Auto being available only with AWD is also correct, then that means an 8 month time period after initial production begins during which only 6MT cars will be available. This does not make sense to me. Autos far outsell MT's in all markets. Why would BMW do this? Talk about your weirdly truncated intro.

In your second post however you seem to say that you believe that "the M3 will be 6MT and Automatic", with again the AWD+Auto SOP July 2021.

I do not recall seeing anywhere that an M3/M4 RWD Auto will be produced. Believe me I would be really happy if this turns out to be the case. This scenario would also provide for an Auto car in the initial production. So which is it? RWD Auto available. No Auto available for 8 months. Or AWD Auto available at initial production?

Anyone?

Last edited by Boomer 2019; 01-29-2020 at 01:46 PM..
Appreciate 0