Major
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmedman View Post
Just an update to this thread.

So got the manhart deleter. Service was good. No instructions received. Asked them about it and they said apparently the manufacturer has not released any tutorials. So thinking, it may be nearly the same install as on F8x, I went to my exhaust guy with the F8x manual. However, the sensor could not be accessed from engine bay. It was nowhere to be found despite removing the engine cover, air filter and a few other bits. So we lifted the car and it was odd to see the cable going backwards from the opf. From the opf. the sensor was just above the exhaust under the silver shielding thing but a foot or two being the opf. Apologies if I am not explaining this properly. As you can tell from my description, I am a noob when it comes to exhaust mods and cars in general. I have a new found love to this in my mid 40s.

So in short, to install this cable/delete solution, you need the car lifted and a few screws, bolts removed. It would be a struggle with just a jack I am sure.

Sorry I know this thread is useless without pics and videos. I was just too distracted looking at my car from underneath.

After the plugs were installed and opf gutted, I played around in the car on some B roads. No CEL or other errors yet even beyond 6000 rpm.

The volume is definitely louder and the burbles are more distinct. Heard one or two pops but that was it. It’s probably the tune. However, the high pitch noise when you floor the throttle is not that louder. At lower revs, there is that drone which I love. I am talking about sport plus. Sport sound is still mute and should have been the comfort mode.

I didn’t remove the secondary cats because I wanted to see how the car is and to possible isolate the errors if they come up.

I think I need to go back and ask the chap to remove the sec cats. It should be the ideal exhaust setup then. God I miss the 440i with mppsk.
Could you post a picture of your OPFs? Just to see the part you removed. And if possible a clip of the sound.
Appreciate 0