06-12-2021, 04:39 PM   #1
madmedman
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G82 M4 Comp

Recommended Exhaust Mods

Hi all,

Need advice from you all. I have an appointment with my exhaust guy in 3 days. At the moment the plan is to remove the opf/gpf using the LEIB deleter and not remapping to avoid risking warranty. I don't know why the guy says mapping is possible because I thought the ECU was still uncracked??? He also is going to be doing backbox and resonator mod. I am not sure of the details because the guy keeps it a secret.

What I am wondering is if I should have the secondary cats deleted as well? As we all know the EU version of the car is really muted and I can't hear any sound coming from the exhaust. I have not bought a mid pipe and this is more of a desperate attempt to get some decent noise from an M car before I invest in a full fledged exhaust system whenever they are available.

Any ideas/advice will be appreciated. I am 45 (a doctor, hence I need to at least try to appear decent) and drive the car to work so I don't want to attract too much attention. Well maybe I do that's why I bought the car. Ridiculous amount of noise will be acceptable as long as its pleasing to the ear.
Appreciate 0