View Single Post
      03-01-2022, 10:15 AM   #14
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimab0 View Post
I did not know this existed. I'm definitely planning to sign up for this one day. Looks very awesome. What prior experience did you have that convinced them you should be allowed to sign up for the max program? Also, can you share any rough idea of what this cost? I'm guessing closer to $5k for the program, but you have to get there yourself?
Prior to the first Max trip I was signed up for, I had done several US based M schools as well as BMW's Nurburgring sectional and Lapping trainings. The BMW Europe events (http://bmwdrivingexperience.com) are the one's I think they used to waive me. That said...going with Donnie's group would have cleared me too. This time, we had people without that much experience and they all got to go. I think Covid meant they just wanted to fill seats.

Historically, this program is about $6500. This time it was $7900 because we were down about 4 people from usual. And, yes, the Lutfhansa business class ticket was separate! But I paid $1398 for premium economy at the Thanksgiving sale and then got the upgrades for $900. $2298 RT direct to Munich from LAX in business is an insane steal. I knew when I booked it I'd be offered the upgrades and I was! All in, with Munich hotels and incidentals, it was around $11k! So yea, not a cheap vacation.
Appreciate 5
dimab0233.50
M2Crew220.50
MunkyTool547.50
gnx759.50