Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pic18 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by av.7447 View Post
So what did you guys expect, I don't understand, another F80 looking M3? Put the same F80 grill on the G80 and I congratulate you as you now have an LCI of an old M3! No thank you, we had plenty of those before... Another great future of the huge grill design is cooling and I am almost 100% certain that this thing will not be so hot anymore!
What people expected was an M3 based on the G20, just like previous generations where based on the base 3'er. Yes BMW is going a different direction with the 4, but I think they should have stayed more conservative with the sedan.

P.S. Before someone makes the comment I do believe the F80 front end was based on the "coupe" front end, but it still resembled the F30.
People should've never expected that because we've known for many, many, MANY months that the 4 was modeled with large vertical kidney grills, and since the last few iterations of M3/4's have been based on the coupe front end, it should be no surprise to anybody that the next ///M will follow that same approach. Anybody who expected it to look like the 3 was just being purposely stubborn.......like a virulent toddler.
Appreciate 1
JTO245276.00