05-09-2019, 12:53 PM   #920
seis-speed
#savethemanuals
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M | GT3 | J392 | GRc

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankiebones View Post
Some of us can and will eventually make the move (once I dont need a baby seat in the backseat), but I like the M3's functionality vs. a P car. I got a 1 year old and plan on having another soon. I had oscillated between a 911 Carrera S and an F80 back in 2016 but ended up with the F80 and I am so happy I did.
For kids the F80 is the perfect car. Even without the baby seats, never underestimate the sedan doors being shorter in length for everyday use with kids. If you haul kids often or enjoy taking them in your car - M3 is a sweet spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWModel3 View Post
Funny how no one even threatens going AMG or Audi RS
No manual transmission.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greasypeanut View Post
I would go AMG if they still had manuals. Their V8s sounds a hell of a lot better than any of M's I6. Also mb interiors are the best in the business imo, especially seeing how bmw switched to the full digital gauge cluster
Porsche and BMW own the manual transmission segment, still can’t believe BMW did not offer a 6MT on the 3 series, just to continue to steal customers from the competition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWModel3 View Post
The sky sure does seem to fall with every iteration of the M3. It's a miracle we're all still alive.
Mcars are always stunning to me, when I see an M2 or F80/F82 on the road, it looks great, same with E30, E36, E46, E90, Mcars always look good, so I have a lot of faith this G80 will look great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3GymNut View Post
I'm definitely on the cusp as well but I would be going M2 route not M5...
M2 is a great offering and offers a different feel due to size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croatian test driver View Post
Well I probably would consider Porsche, but the 911 has not enough space and the Panamera is too big. They should offer something between, that would be the sweet spot.
That is called the BMW M3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmboone25 View Post
Is this depiction too small?

Maybe you guys can just skip attempting to rebrand the 3 as the new 5 and go even bigger. I’m sure the enthusiast will love it.
In fairness, they made the M2, I like the sizing of the M3, but for people that want a smaller M with 4doors an M2 GC would be a hit, IMO.
A truly ‘compact sedan” with 6MT.
Appreciate 0