View Single Post
      07-13-2021, 06:56 PM   #79
barryc365
Major
Rep
Drives: BMWM3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyBrand View Post
So I finally got a partial wrap on my car. Front bumper, rockers, rear fender area and full hood. My experience though with installers in my area has been less than stellar. I have to take the car back because they forgot to do a part of the car and then there was a big hair underneath a part of the bumper that they will be replacing and both black area's of the rockers are getting re-done because there is a scratch or glue on both sides. I was hesitant on doing this anyways and it's frustrating when it turns out like this. I do admit that I feel better having the area's covered now but it's a lot of money to not turn out the way you want it.

The other place I dealt with I had 3 different quotes from 3 different persons and all of them had a different idea on how everything worked and when I finally had enough and questioned them and they never got back with me. They used Expel and the place I ultimately went with uses Lumar.

Hopefully I will get taken care of properly and there trying to make it right for me but I can't help but think maybe I should have just saved my money. I just want to drive and enjoy the car and stuff like this just stresses me out. Anyone else have issues with install with there PPF?
Yep! Same issues and dust under my tints. Getting a bunch of stuff redone now.

Hoping it'll all get fixed correctly. I was thinking the same as you and wishing I didn't bother but then I remembered driving the car without the PPF and I was hanging back from cars 'avoiding' rock chips like an idiot.

On balance, I'm glad to have it on there so I don't have to worry about road rash, particularly in winter with the state of the roads in NYC, I'm just not going to be super anal about minor imperfections. Seems like the front bumper is hard to do perfectly.
Appreciate 1
LuckyBrand1419.00