03-24-2024, 09:52 PM   #9
HeelToeShift
Major
Rep
Drives: Mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW_M View Post
OP, Sorry to highjack this thread...
But am looking for the S vs GTS and not sure if I actually need the GTS for spirited daily and maybe occasional family trip...
What are your thoughts on the S (vs GTS)? I love my M3, but hips and knees and lower back are becoming more of an issue getting in and out of the vehicle and Manual Shifting...
Let's look at is this way, the S is now the old GTS and the GTS is the old turbo. I personally don't think the new GTS feels nearly 440 hp nor do I find it do be a worthwhile step over the S for the 20-30K more. If you were going the way of the Macan, either are good, but the S is much more bang for the buck. Only real reason to go for the GTS is if you want the GTS package with the wheels, stitching etc.
IMO, having now driven the current gen X3M and Stelvio Quad, one of those two would be my option if you want the closest thing to an M3 in an SUV. The X3M feels way more edgy and sport car than the Macan, but does ride a little stiffer, but the Stelvio has probably the best ride of them all and an engine that is nearly a match for the S58.
Appreciate 2
DFW_M1677.00
Ilyam5899.00