05-01-2021, 05:31 PM   #10
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C

Quote:
Originally Posted by filostrato View Post
Thank you for the initial impressions and taking time to post the review.

I've been trying to abide by the break in "rules" and it's interesting to hear that there is no electronic limiter at 5.5K RPM as some have stated. Another story I've heard that sounds dubious is that there is an extra 20% of top end power that is unlocked through the ECU after your break in service. As someone who regularly uses that part of the power band I'd love to hear if you notice any difference!

It's unfortunate to hear that the ZF is shifting that way under heavy load. I know many owners feel it's an acceptable compromise against the added low speed comfort, but in an M car it seems like a questionable decision...

Looking forward to hearing your further experiences and whether you end up feeling the G80 is the right car for your driving needs
Thank you Filo

ZF8 miracle I referenced would include break-in service 'tune' that solved the issues . . . not forthcoming

As you suggest, performance compromise is not forward momentum for an ///M car icon

I will TRY and refrain from harsh conclusion until due seat time is acquired, and update as indicated . . . I fear the ZF8 sits on a fixed suspension, so to speak

Best

///AVM

Last edited by ///AVM; 05-01-2021 at 08:38 PM..
Appreciate 0