codestar
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 Model S P100D

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
The irony in posts like this is as thick as it gets.

It's one of the very last high performance sport sedans with a manual transmission. Or it's the first M3 with AWD for those who've been waiting for that.

Yes folks, it's a car. You get in, you sit behind the wheel, and you drive it. You don't hover above the road on a precious magic carpet and watch the front end as it rounds the bend, reveling at how fetching you look with your perfectly proportioned grills.

The folks who have a positive outlook on this car aren't posers. They are enthusiasts who want to drive an exciting vehicle. Remember that? Driving? Or you can get all wrapped up in a single objectionable styling element, forget what being a car enthusiast is, and spend your time fist bumping it with your BFF's who also cannot believe that Becky wore that color of green today.

How about you go back to not playing the poser card out of turn, and the people who just want to talk about this performance machine go back to discussing that without being persecuted for it? Can we do that?
Well put. I drove my fair share of shitbox 15-20yr old honda's throughout highschool and university, and while not much to look at, I relished the chance to get out and DRIVE. They weren't fast, they had rust, they were pretty much the polar opposite of luxury, but putting on some tunes and finding some nice mountain roads are what made me love cars today.

These M cars are fast, don't have rust, are luxury, and will play tunes and tear up a mountain road orders of magnitude better than the cars that made me love driving. Design quirks aside, I'm looking forward to picking up probably the last 6MT I'll ever own (maybe a 7MT after that if they still exist from another brand )

The only thing I'm hoping for is that BMW will give us a treat and give the 6MT spec a torque bump in a couple years. Or a true AWD 6MT to replace my f32 xdrive 6MT now
Appreciate 1
yousefnjr6207.50