View Single Post
      01-13-2022, 08:05 PM   #76
luckylingy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by edofloat View Post

I call the dealer and am in the phone queue purgatory and then finally it is answered and I figure out I am speaking with the GM of the store (super nice guy). A short discussion ensues and yes it is a 90-day rate lock now. I explain I already locked the rate once (which expired) when we thought the car would show up and that I really am not anxious to keep having hard credit pulls for no apparent reason. He agrees and proceeds to tell me he will call BMWFS and get them to honor the old rate and that it isn't necessary to fill out the credit app again. I explain that while I believe what he says but would like him to verify all of this before the end of this month. Since he is the GM he should be smart enough (I hope) not to speak out of turn regarding "getting BMWFS to honor the previous rate" without knowing that can actually happen.

So it seems there *may* be a mechanism the dealer can use for the endless delays BMW is putting the customer and the dealers through.

We shall see. Maybe a few of you can see if your dealer says something similar and let us know.
I understand the Central Region extended its rate lock from the normal 60 days to 90, due to delayed deliveries, while the East and West Regions likewise extended their rate lock periods from the normal 90 days to 120.

The right/fair resolution for someone in your situation is exactly what your dealership GM did/proposed. Hopefully others who are victims of abnormally long delivery delays request or are offered rate lock extensions as well.
Appreciate 0