05-11-2021, 06:16 AM   #76
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonahk View Post
Been reading this thread intently. I think you have the most honest and detailed review of this new platform so far and I'm pretty sure our driving styles and the things we care about the "experience" are very similar.

So I find it very interesting to hear you've changed your perception on the ZF8 now that you've modified your settings.

I too came from an M2 with a DCT and the first thing that I noticed was how "boring" the shifts were in the G80 with the zf8 during my 2 hour test drive. I missed the tire chirping / head snapping violence of the DCT. You're saying in S3 you are close to replicating this now that you've become used to it?

That's very encouraging as I figured this would just be something I'd have to live with (but also appreciating the comfort mode so I don't send my wife and newborn bouncing off the seats). If you're able to recreate that aggressive feeling even somewhat I think I'm going to be very happy once mine arrives.
Jonah

Thank you for your kind words and other comments

I want to be clear incase not the case in prior post about the 'small miracle' . . . I did not simply 'change' the settings. Rather, the S3 setting in M1 and M2 was not activating over the first 600 miles, or so, of driving. This was remedied by 'resetting' M1 and M2.

In short, yes, I find ZF8 manual mode with S3 setting both capable and enjoyable. Overall, I am finding ZF8 couples nicely with the S58 and G80 chassis.

Of course, you will have to explore it yourself over time once your G80 arrives. You will form your own opinion that may, or may not be consistent with that of mine.

///AVM
Appreciate 0