White340XDriveInCt
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 Tanz M3 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxyion View Post
NO.

However i'm very much against Elon.

That being said i still like to think about things rationally. My friend got to drive one and i saw one at our local car meet so i can give you some thoughts

Pros:

Good towing capacity
Lots of space
tech filled
decent space in the....space in the back..."trunk"? I dont know the official term
Decent vision all around for driving
EV so its quite economical
Consistent in performance output (Hagerty did a great portion on this)
48v architecture
Drive by Wire Steering

Cons:
Build quality is just as bad as your average Model 3. You'd think it wouldnt be but it is
Opening the rear cover is not nearly as smooth or nice as i feel like it should be for a car at this price. It's the same issue i have with the powered trunk in the Model 3, it feels and sounds cheap.
The car is a literal tank. If you hit ANYTHING with the car at anything over 30 MPH, get ready to pay for a lot of damages. There are quite a bit of sharp edges on the outside of the car and zero flex points. Honestly, you hit anyone going 30 mph you might actually kill them. For me this is a big issue.
The "cheap" version wont be released till later. You're going to be paying for something that almost 100k with the build quality of something that is in their 30k vehicles which other cheaper car companies dont have in their 18k vehicles.

While i wont try and prevent anyone from buying what they want. I personally will never own a Tesla. My friend bought a Model 3 and the amount of panel gaps and low quality feeling mechanisms immedietly made me feel like he wasted his money. I get it, the tech is cool and i feel like Tesla engineers are actually incredible, but the quality control is just not there for me. And i just dont like Elon, especially after working for him for 2 years. But thats me.
Pretty much echo these sentiments exactly, though I never worked for him. Never felt like any of the Teslas I was in were "solid," and not a fan of any of the styling. And yeah the thing with Elon personally is...I dunno man. He just ain't right, IMO
Appreciate 2
eugenebmw1586.50