View Single Post
      04-29-2021, 11:35 AM   #18
amzbimmer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 comp San Marino Status 112

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmbob View Post
Easy... No need to get offended by someones view or opinion.
I agree the oem frozen looks better, in the showroom. The issue is that where I live I have yet to see a frozen black car (benz included) that looks mint. I always can see several areas of concern which makes the color look "inconsistent" (all I meant). For sure this likely rests on the owner's ability and knowledge on car care but it in their defense when you have roads that are sand blasted, graveled and salted then add snow to the mix a frozen paint is up against it.
If I lived in Texas I likely wouldn't think twice about getting oem frozen but here in Canada I wasn't going to get an oem frozen to wrap it with xpel (required) just so I knew it was real.
I am looking forward to comparing the two in person, hopefully I can find one nearby and we can do an actual side by side comparison.
Agreed, looking forward to more side by side pics in different lighting conditions.

I think this Stealth wrap can be summarized as follows- 80% of the look with 20% of the hassle factor compared to a "true" frozen color. Being lower maintenance and fully reversible does count for a lot in the northern snowy environment.

And your point about dreading what to do in case of an accident on a car with frozen paint makes it very difficult to justify getting the frozen color, at least for me. I do love seeing it on other people's cars!
Appreciate 1
bmbob265.00