bmbob
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 18' C63S, 15' M4

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRIGM3 View Post
Not as consistent? As the new owner of a Frozen PB G80, I can assure you that the factory frozen paint is nearly perfect. The sheen of the paint is something that you won’t be able to replicate with a matte PPF.

You decided to PPF your car, cool deal. You don’t have to justify it to anyone, especially not by making ridiculous comments. And yes, I think your car looks great too.
Easy... No need to get offended by someones view or opinion.
I agree the oem frozen looks better, in the showroom. The issue is that where I live I have yet to see a frozen black car (benz included) that looks mint. I always can see several areas of concern which makes the color look "inconsistent" (all I meant). For sure this likely rests on the owner's ability and knowledge on car care but it in their defense when you have roads that are sand blasted, graveled and salted then add snow to the mix a frozen paint is up against it.
If I lived in Texas I likely wouldn't think twice about getting oem frozen but here in Canada I wasn't going to get an oem frozen to wrap it with xpel (required) just so I knew it was real.
I am looking forward to comparing the two in person, hopefully I can find one nearby and we can do an actual side by side comparison.
Appreciate 0