04-03-2021, 04:58 AM   #21
Scorp!on
Captain
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 G80 MT BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathObeaN View Post
And that is fair enough my friend. I have no issue with people who genuinely love the G80 and having taken one for a test drive think "wow, I need this!" I just get tired of the Instagram culture of "look what I got!".

The car scene has become a shallow mess ever since social media took the world by storm. But BMW and other car manufactures probably love that . Don't even need to plan obsolesce anymore, the people are doing it themselves!

I am so with you on this point...I mean I appreciate seeing pictures of different specs on Instagram, but as you said, cars have become a "look what I got I am soooo special" thing.
But checking this board here there are still plenty of enthusiast who are looking for a sports car which fulfills their needs.

And I like it a lot to read here (whether it is the G80 or other BMW Model boards).
So much knowledge and experience exchange. I love it!

To your point with Brands who love that:
In the end every car manufactor is a company trying to earn money...so yes they love that, because this people there advert your car and people then tend to buy it to feel "special".
So...sad thing? yes...but inevitable because that's how the world works.

I for myself thank BMW (looks apart) to offer us such a great car and especially offering us still a MT in this segment. I had tears in my eyes when they confirmed this
Appreciate 0