Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3 AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2CS View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3AWD View Post
I had two chances to see G8x's in the showroom with an M2 CS just a few feet away, one in black and one in hock silver, and you could tell the G8x is the new design where the M2 CS is the old design. Don't get me wrong I think the M2 design is more "beautiful" but to me the G8x is so attractive in person that I don't even notice the other BMWs in the showroom. There's something about the G8x presence that I cannot describe.

I took my wife to see them in person, and she's one who says all BMWs look the same (including M5, M8, etc.) and she liked the G80. It's just different and at this point we can only guess how it'll age
Bro, non-enthusiast can't tell you if a Ferrari 360 is a newer design than a 488. The G8x interior is definitely a sign it's a new design, but the overall exterior design doesn't date anything... it just looks different.
The fact that the exterior is different and the grill being the biggest differentiator will let every non-enthusiast know that this is a newer design, simply because they've never seen it before.

The new grill is on the 4er & M3/M4, soon on the i4 & iX, and later on other BMWs, so it'll be very obvious to everyone what's new & what's old.

2022 G80 M3 Comp M xDrive
Appreciate 0