Quote:
Originally Posted by S@v3f3rris View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jailonacs99 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by S@v3f3rris View Post
Update on Sottozeros. Picking up relatives from the airport on a warm Xmas eve. Air temps 56. Tire temps 75-80. DSC coming on at highway speeds when accelerating from 65 mph. Switched to MDM 4wd and noticing wheel spin w/ firm acceleration. I think the sensors are fine and DSC is sensing correctly. These tires are just super soft when it gets warm.
Given those conditions, I'm not surprised by traction control kicking in. Winter tires are built to operate at colder temperatures AND handle ice and snow. They should feel less planted out of corners and during hard acceleration, particularly when it's 50+ outside.
My take was going to be the temps too. You don't really even want winters on until the temp is capping out in the low 40s. At those high a temperature winters lose performance similar to how a summer will lose performance in the cold. The rubber composition just won't properly grip the road. I'd be curious if the problem still exists when it's <30-40 degrees out.
Last two days have been 35-45 degrees as a high. On my shorter highway trips, no DSC interference in regular 4WD the few times I opened the car up. Tire temps were below 60 when fully warmed up and running.
Sounds like they're working then
Appreciate 0