View Single Post
      09-05-2021, 07:45 AM   #73
Patton250
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3,M5,Turbo S

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Eight View Post
I don't think so. Because I saw on my dealer's System that BMW Italy tried three times to reduce the gap and push back the production week of my car from week 40 (expoected for the time being) to week 35, but BMW HQ said "impossible". My friend in Munich told me that the chip shortages is a very serious problem now for the months to come. Until the end of the '21 spring production, they were able to have a bit of stock, but now the warehouses are empty, so that's why there's the problem. From what he told me, who has an allocation or maybe has ordered the car within the end of july, will have 4/5 weeks of delay, but who has ordered the car after that date, will have larger delays for sure unfortunately, especially if the car is fully loaded spec. Mine, for example, ordered on June the 4th, hasn't the wireless charging for instance (I don't care, but it was a first signal of something going wrong with the supplies). Let's wait, during the upcoming week he'll give me some feedbacks as soon as he'll be at the office to check the production schedule status.
Thank you so much for the information. I believe it. It’s only going to get worse. All the updates you can provide are extremely appreciated. Thank your friend for us all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
This thread is making me sad
It should make you sad. It’s going to get a lot worse. What we are experiencing now for shortages it’s coming from all the shut downs of a year ago. Wait until next year. I sure as hell I’m glad Australia and New Zealand don’t produce anything important because those people shut down at the drop of a hat. When you shut down you stop production of everything. That has massive affects of future supply. Then it’s close to impossible to catch up. I have a feeling we will be running out of a hell of a lot more important things than sports cars in the near future.
Appreciate 2
MannyS357.00
V-Eight791.50