View Single Post
      03-18-2021, 09:27 PM   #19
RugbyBro
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
My guess is that you are spot on. As much I want the G8X steering feel to be great I have no such illusions. CH is not just a track day driver he is a race car driver and as such don’t car much of traditional steering feedback. He just wants a precision tool and that I believe it is. I suspect the steering is excellent and superior to the F8X in terms of response, speed, precision and lock to lock linearity but as for feedback from the road surface? I have no expectations, zero. I learnt to be ok with that though, no love but ok
Exactly! It's precise but doesn't have a lot of road feel. I too have learned to be okay with that, especially since F8X is always giving constant feedback through the chassis when you want it... and also when you don't. What I really dislike about F8X steering though, is the artificial weight it has in sport/sport+. It seems like G8X has remedied that with a better calibrated rack and I think there will be more than enough feedback through the chassis to get over the "feel" hump. I also suspect G8X will give more chassis feel and be a tad less comfortable than some people think as the rear subframe is still bolted directly to the chassis - I've pieced together through various reviews and minor comments made during them that it's still a busy/stiff ride but much better damped (damping also being a weak point of normal F8Xs)