View Single Post
      03-18-2021, 09:08 PM   #18
solstice
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RugbyBro View Post
GTS coding helps steering but it doesn’t fundamentally change it, just makes it more sensitive on center and a little lighter at speed. Still very accurate but doesn’t tell you exactly where the front tires are. If you didn’t like stock, GTS is a small improvement but not a fundamental change, and I’m not sure G8X will be better if you’re looking for the front tires through the steering wheel. FWIW I like F8X steering so I’m certain I’ll also like G8X steering but I don’t see how either systems will replicate the nuances of hydraulic steering. If we look at the one guy who absolutely raves about the steering as the best part, it’s CH but he also liked F8X steering over E9X. Ive seen quite a few reviews where steering is still categorized as “dead”. What this tells me is G8X probably has better sensitivity and return to center calibration, but not a fundamentally different feel if that makes sense
My guess is that you are spot on. As much I want the G8X steering feel to be great I have no such illusions. CH is not just a track day driver he is a race car driver and as such don’t car much of traditional steering feedback. He just wants a precision tool and that I believe it is. I suspect the steering is excellent and superior to the F8X in terms of response, speed, precision and lock to lock linearity but as for feedback from the road surface? I have no expectations, zero. I learnt to be ok with that though, no love but ok
Appreciate 1
RugbyBro7601.50