03-18-2021, 01:11 PM   #5
Staszek
Schumacher
Rep
Drives: E30 325is,E93 M3,X7M50,F06 M6

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MachinesWithSouls View Post
The F10 was very different, and I'd say that neither the G or E resemble it in regard to driving experience.

If you just drove the E forever without ever getting into a more modern BMW, you'd be like "wow, this is amazing"

When you go back to back it does start to show its age in chassis stiffness and lack of torque. You definitely don't need to go super fast to have fun in a car, but there is a crispness and immediate responsiveness in the new G that just isn't there in the E.
I will agree with this. I love my E, but driving the new cars feel so different. They are better in every way, but I think going back to the E which I only drive in the summer is more fun. It's not as fast, it doesn't have the TQ (wish it had a bit more) but its very analog and tons of fun.

Like the saying it's fun to drive a slow car fast, while the E9X Ms are not slow, they are not fast compared to the newer Ms which makes you work harder, and I love that.

And I will never get over how good the S65 sounds.

I have been driving a lot of M8's lately (yes I know different cars) and the power, and interior are to die for. I drive my buddy's F80 a lot and have track time with the F80. I can't wait to drive the G80, I am sure I will love it.