Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 6MT

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bm323 View Post
Quote from your blog: "If the E92 needed a push to feel like an M, and the F82 M4 always felt like one, this car splits the difference nicely."

For daily driving, I don't find I need to push the E92 hard or near speed limit for it to feel like a M (but of course better when pushed harder) vs the F10 M5 where it needs to exceed speed limit for it to be alive. Do you agree with this, and how does the G82 feel/drive?

Quote from article on Chris Harris: "See? He also owns three Peugeot 205 XSs and a pair of 205 Rallyes. No GTIs – too obvious. One of the 1.3 Rallyes – which was a French market rally homologation car with big carbs on a small engine – is in mint condition. Harris insists I hear the engine. “They are so immediate, so ultimately not fast, but so exciting at not going fast. That’s the key to motoring going forwards – being excited but not needing to go superfast.”"

https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/lifest...car-collection
The F10 was very different, and I'd say that neither the G or E resemble it in regard to driving experience.

If you just drove the E forever without ever getting into a more modern BMW, you'd be like "wow, this is amazing"

When you go back to back it does start to show its age in chassis stiffness and lack of torque. You definitely don't need to go super fast to have fun in a car, but there is a crispness and immediate responsiveness in the new G that just isn't there in the E.
bm323193.50