11-26-2020, 10:47 AM   #6
Al Bundy's Dodge
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtwo3 View Post
I don't understand why folks will say things like, "this car isn't worth $90k" or that you can get the M2C for significantly cheaper. You should ask yourself, how is the competition priced? If you're saying the G80/G82 isn't worth $90k (which is pretty much loaded btw), then you should also say the C63/RS5 aren't worth their fully optioned pricing either. Comparing it to an M2C just makes no sense, they're different class of cars.

The proper way to look at this would be, this is a $70k car, to which you could add $20k+ worth of options should you choose to. (Maybe you guys haven't heard of Porsche where you can practically double the price of the car in endless options).

Would it be better if BMW simply didn't offer all of the options that drive the price up to $90k?
It's perception of value. All the extras that drive the price of the car up to 90k are of little or no value to me. I'm after a car that's fun to drive, and not interested in options and specs that do not contribute to what I'm after.

Others see it differently and find value in those extras. Neither perception is wrong. That's why both the M2 and M3 exist. At the end of the day we'll both be happy with our choices and that's all that matters
Appreciate 0