View Single Post
      11-03-2020, 11:00 AM   #4
frankiebones
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Fire Orange G80 6MT

Welcome! Here is some advice....don't get an M if you're going to put on all seasons...

If you do so, you're negating the vast majority of the performance (the only part of the car that touches the road is the rubber and it's the most important part). Also, the car won't be that f*king good in the snow either! You're familiar with the expression "jack of all trades, master or none." That is applicable to all season tires.

If you wish to drive an M as a daily in a temperate climate (like NYC or Chicago), you need to run winters. That's the bad news. The good news is that you will get 4-5 years off a single set of winter tires. If you drive conservatively, you can get several years off of performance tires as well (I can run through a set of Michelin PS4S in 2 weeks or 2 years depending on how I drive).

I run Michelin Aplins in the winter...I am an avid skier and it is amazing what a RWD car can do with dedicated winter tires.

So, since you're not burning through tires faster (you're utilizing performance tires from april to early later october and winters for the balance of each year), the only cost is the 2x/year tire swap. If you get an alignment performed along with the tire swap, you're additional cost should be $400-$500 per year of ownership.

If you have any additional questions feel free to DM or respond here...but please don't put all seasons on an M3.
Appreciate 0