View Single Post
      10-19-2020, 01:45 PM   #47
frankiebones
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Fire Orange G80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalAthlete View Post
Close, but I'll continue to disagree here based on how I'm reading the following :

Overall design != grill. As for it being a different shape from the G22 - not really. It's basically the same with different slats / filler pieces. So at only 57% for the overall design being loved, I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that the main feature people don't like, even on the M3 / M4, is the grill. Taken together, the specific poll about the grill vs the poll about the overall design really don't seem to indicate (to me at least) that the majority of forum members like the front bumper.
Yes they are different shapes. They are significantly different and the way they tie in with the bumper and surrounding design language is accentuates those differences. This is the first time that the M version of the lower car has had different shapes. Markus Flasch acknowledged it, numerous posts have been dedicated to it as well.

You're using a G22 grille poll is being used to make inferences about a G80/G82 car. The people who buy that car AND the people who vote in that poll, as well as the products themselves are totally different.

You want to discount the G80/82 poll because it was on the overall design, fine, you can at least make a logical argument there.

You can't (or rather you shouldn't) use the G22 grill poll to discuss the G80/G82 grill and you certainly shouldn't cite it in the context of aftermarket bumper replacement options. Even if YOU don't see big differences in the grill, you have to acknowledge the bumper is just a little tiny bit different.
Appreciate 0