View Single Post
      05-03-2021, 03:49 PM   #4
amzbimmer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 comp San Marino Status 112

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMyE92 View Post
... on an in-stock unit, and the dealer is jerking me around just a little bit on the lease. Seems that the residual is 57%, which seems kind of low, and they're jacking up the money factor (0.00133) a bit. which is annoying me.

Now, it could very well be that BMW doesn't want to/doesn't need to subsidize these cars since it is a new model, they're selling well and there is a shortage.

They claim that the residual cannot be changed, and that may be true, but extra MSD aside, they should be able to play around with the money factor, don't you think?

It's putting the payment up at $1150/month (36/10K) with nothing down on a $79K MSRP with a few discounts and incentives in there. I was hoping for something under $1000.

I don't put down payments on a lease.
Just threaten the dealer that you will buy it outright if they don't give you the base money factor. You can get 0.9% on a purchase through BMW or go through penfed for an extra $2500 off.

For some reason telling them you will just buy it cash tends to make them back down, I think they make more money off the lease due to incentives from BMW.

Either way, even with $6k off MSRP and base MF the payments will be just over $1k, unfortunately (depending on exact options).
Appreciate 0