RsTyle
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3C

Garage List
2024 M3C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aremmell View Post
Don't ask me. The chock was firmly wedged in front of the one rear tire (but only one), it was in park and parking brake was set... I jacked it up on level concrete and didn't move anything. Maybe it's a POS jack (it's Chinese Home Depot Husky).

It seemed as if none of the things that should have kept the car from rolling forward did. Like I said, I've never seen it before in my life, but I have also never jacked a car up so that the jack's wheels are inline with the car's... perhaps I am exaggerating how much it was moving, since it couldn't have moved physically past where the chock was, at least not in a straight line... but it was rolling. The car and the jack, no me gusta.
Are you sure the car moved as well? Did the car stopped moving once all 4 wheels are on ground?

When you lift the car from the center jack point, like you said, the jack is "inline" with the vehicle. When the lift is high, the jack need to move towards the car when you are jacking up (due to the way floor jacks are designed) and move backwards when being lowered. Maybe only the jack was moving and in a panic, you thought the car was moving as well?
Appreciate 0