M3 Esq
Automobilist
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5, 911 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony235 View Post
That is a great article in the OP.

Always take internet track advice with a grain of salt. I'm surprised that there is no "Top 10 laptimes" sticky on 2addicts.
LOL totally agree there are a lot of internet racers on the car forums. On some of the "other" forums I've seen a lot of people get chided for leaving MDM or DCT or DSC or PCM or whatever it's called in their respective car. It's a personal choice IMO and there is nothing wrong with leaving it on if you're not comfortable taking it off.

On my second track day ever my instructor told me "turn all that shit off" because you won't learning anything with it on. Seems odd for an instructor to say something like that to a novice student. And this was BMW CCA, not some fly by night outfit. If I want to practice car control I'll do it on the auto x course or the kart track.

On the other hand, I was instructing at a street survival event for teens and they had a tractor trailer there. The idea was to have the kids sit inside and see what the truck driver can and can't see from inside the cabin. Totally changed the way I drive around trucks on the highway. But I digress. Anyway, the driver said he turns off all the nannies because "electronics can fail and I won't". Also an interesting perspective. So again to each his own.
Appreciate 2
rich8566608.50