Garage List
2021 BMW G80 M3  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAB View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HNSKP View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAB View Post
Based on your comments, You've never owned a GT4 have you?
Nope. Would love to if I could afford a 3rd car.
What was your Evora ownership like?
I never pretended like I knew what it's like to drive/own one… that's the difference.

I just find it funny that so many people on here regurgitate stuff they've heard about cars they've never driven.

I'd like to know if anyone here has owned recent M cars AND Porsche GT cars and what they prefer and why. You already know my perspective
Not owning one does not equate to never been in one. I was a passenger in a 981 Gt4 on less than pristine roads. Don't need to be behind the wheel to assess the dampening and how it handles bumps. It's no secret that the GT4 suspension is more track oriented whereas the Evora is tuned for British roads. GT cars have less compliance, relatively speaking.

I'm not saying the Evora is an OVERALL better car in any way, shape, or form. Just comparing a specific aspect that may be more or less important depending on one's usage and preferences.

I've driven an early model Evora and 981 Cayman S on the same canyon roads and the difference in dealing with midcorner bumps is noticeable. Since I do most of my fun driving in the canyons, this is pretty important to me. Not apples to apples with your car, I admit. But those are my personal observations, not regurgitating anything.

I'm glad you enjoy your car, as you rightly should.
Appreciate 0