Sbm007
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G80 M3CX (Oxide Grey)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by safridi View Post
I picked up my car last night. Didnt get the chance to do a thorough inspection bc its ramadan and i needed to get home fast. This morning i went to go stare at it and realized the car had blue calipers. I had ordered black calipers. I have all the paperwork that says i indeed ordered black calipers. Made a fuss about it to the dealership and they apologized and said the guy that does the final check wasnt there that day. How long do you think this will take to resolve?
You can run your VIN through an online decoder (such as https://www.mdecoder.com/) and see if the spec matches up. That will tell you who is to blame, it's either a mistake made at the production plant (highly improbable), or your dealership submitted the wrong order to BMW (most likely this is what happened).

Not sure how it works in the US, but if this happened in the UK, you could threaten the dealership that sold you the car that the item was not as per agreed specification and therefore demand them to rectify this by replacing the calipers with the correct colour (not just a paint job), or otherwise you would reject the car + insist on financial compensation your way. That would force them to get their s**t together.

Last edited by Sbm007; 04-18-2021 at 06:53 AM..
Appreciate 3
themnmd1691.00
opielm88.00