11-03-2020, 02:13 PM   #20
Puuhapete
Private First Class
Finland
Rep
Drives: 2020 X1 25e, 2021 Taycan 4s

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwarjejeega View Post
How come? The ZF8 is a much better trans than the DCT. It's actually daily driveable without rolling everywhere, can handle A LOT more power without any slipping/issues and also is nearly as fast shifting wise as the DCT. Also don't even get me started on the launch control and the struggles the F8x had/has with a DCT, RWD & two turbos. Overall it's a W, and now these cars modded will be holding some heavy power on a STOCK transmission. I'd really like to hear your reasoning. I love the DCT, just excited to see the potential now of this S58 motor with a trans that can hold 🤞🏼
ZF8 better?? No never ever in a sportscar. Since driven the M5 couple of times its terrible in manual mode. You have to shift like latest on 5krpm not be in limiter. I hated it. The only hope is it has better software in the G80. It also felt super rubbery for me, zero kick.
Launch control is a nothing feature for me, no use.

I have never had any problems in my F80 with the DCT, its very fast and the best is it feels engaging. With the 8-speed tranny I would probably never use manual mode.
Appreciate 3
bsmf8x778.50
stein_325i25083.00
Mavus2029.50