Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 M850i, '18 X6M, '16 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puuhapete View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by unfoundnemo View Post
I'm a bit excited to get out of my F80. Ever since I got the G07, I don't really daily my F80 anymore, mainly due to the interior feeling that much more outdated and the build quality that much more inferior, even with full leather on my F80. For this same reason, I'm not going with an F87 as I originally assumed I would about a year ago. I enjoy driving the F80, but If I wanted a weekend/play car, I'd certainly be looking at something else.
I still love my F80, would never daily anything like a G07. About X1 is maximum size and F80 interior quality is very fine for me as mine is fully loaded.
On the G80 my biggest issue is with the transmission, hate it in the M5. 1800 kilos also doesn't seem tempting.
How come? The ZF8 is a much better trans than the DCT. It's actually daily driveable without rolling everywhere, can handle A LOT more power without any slipping/issues and also is nearly as fast shifting wise as the DCT. Also don't even get me started on the launch control and the struggles the F8x had/has with a DCT, RWD & two turbos. Overall it's a W, and now these cars modded will be holding some heavy power on a STOCK transmission. I'd really like to hear your reasoning. I love the DCT, just excited to see the potential now of this S58 motor with a trans that can hold 🤞🏼
Appreciate 0