View Single Post
      05-12-2017, 04:40 PM   #13
FD3S
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Yes, when you rent from any airport or trainstation location... you will pay 20% more "fee". But these are mostly the only places you will find the "nice cars" at. So your stuck. Maybe you can get a "city location" to order you a special car to rent... but I think that will be hard to do.

Also... when you rent for say two or three weeks... your daily rental fee will be quite low as compared to renting a car for say a week. By a lot! So even IF you only need a car for a short time... I always rent the car for three weeks... and then return the car early. Normally you have to keep the car for three or four days minimum, then each day after that is only a few euros until the end of the rental contract.

Switzerland is nice to visit... but I always prefer to stay/sleep in Italy or France or Austria for the night. The Swiss are crazy about catching & fining speeders. Last week I saw that a guy from Munich drove 200 kph in a 120 kph tunnel.... then afterwards drove 280 in a 120 autobahn area... the Swiss TOOK his car and gave him 30 months in prison!! (Well this guy was too extreme case). IF the Swiss Polizei catch you speeding more than +40kph... they can TAKE your car, for good! And the fines are rediculous. Even speeding a few kph(less than +5 kph) will cost you 140 euros in most cases.

The speed limit is 120 on the Swiss Autobahns and 80kph in most autobahn tunnels. The speed limit is constantly changing up/down when you go hru a tunnel. And on the back roads... the max speed limit is only 80 kph.

Switzerland(CH)...
Attachment 1621424
Last week they sent me 3 couriers that next time I if I do not pay the fine I will go in jail for 1 day for every ticket. All the tickets are in the range of +3 km to +15. The fines also ridiculous expensive... The rental company's charge you 35 euros for every ticket they have to send your data to the police. So 10 tickets is 350. Anyway driving in Switzerland can be a very expensive sport.

In your case I would do all the coastal line of Mediterranean sea or a specific part of it. For example Portugal, Spain, France, Monaco, Italy, Greece. You can choose.
Appreciate 1
Dackelone10606.50