Kevin_The_Clean1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3 MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissMTNAlien View Post
Thanks!

Man I went back and forth on PPF for a long time... I read a bunch of threads on here about it. I ultimately decided against it because I was worried about seeing lines, worried about potential razor cuts, and it was pretty damn pricey for anything other than partial coverage with lines showing. I usually only keep my cars 2-3 years, with 4 being the longest I've kept one yet. I may regret it when I notice my first rock chip, or may regret not doing it if this car ends up holding my attention for a long time (which it might!).
I know exactly what you're talking about. That razor blade / exacto knife scares me too. A trained professional with lots of experience shouldn't get that close to the paint. I have no edges on mine because they tuck each edge & wrap all corners so it's seamless. I will say that close to my widow trim they got a touc close & scored an area I would've never saw unless I removes that trim piece. No matter what, as long as you don't follow anyone too closely on the HWY, you should be fine.

2017 F87 M2 - Sold & missed
2020 F97 X3 M Competition - Finally arrived ///
Appreciate 1