View Single Post
      12-06-2021, 02:57 AM   #3
Keishune
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 G82 XDrive

Hello, DesertRJ. I'll add my experiences here: I just took delivery of my 2022 M4 Comp XDrive this past Friday from Sandia BMW.

I've lusted after the M3/4 ever since the E92 M3 when I was finishing college, though it took a good 12 years before I could finally afford one (between then and now was a base model Ford Focus, a 2008 135i that leaked oil but lasted nearly a decade, a 2018 M2 that's been great to me and is still in my garage, and the new M4 that's a garage queen until I get it PPF'd over the next week).

While I permanently moved to ABQ only recently, my family and I have a history of taking our cars to Sandia BMW for service, and I think Joseph up there is one of the best service advisors I've ever had the pleasure of working with. This, however, was my first experience purchasing a car from them.

I approached them to inquire about an M4 allocation in early July, and I was introduced to Kurt Johnson. I found Kurt to be wonderful to work with, and he absolutely kept his word about securing an allocation and agreeing to a deal with MSRP. I will say that I did have to call several times from early to mid July before we were able to finally sit down and spec out the order. He was upfront in letting me know that they didn't have any allocations at the time, but he was confident he could find one within a month. We agreed on the spec, price, and I told them I'd be willing to put a deposit down if he could put in the order. Two weeks later, he called to let me know he had an allocation!

During the (long) waiting process, I would usually be the one to reach out for status updates as we could easily go for over a month without touching base, but this wasn't a big deal since the allocation was secured and we were both at the mercy of BMW's official tracker. Still, I can imagine it being much more anxious if you're still trying to order or awaiting an allocation.

With all that being said, I feel very fortunate that they were able to secure the allocation with precisely the spec I wanted, at MSRP (at a time when many dealerships were added thousands of dollars of markup), and I do plan to continue business with them in the future. Could you find a better deal if you casted a wide net? Probably, but between my positive experience here and the huge trust I put into Joseph as a service advisor, I do currently recommend folks to work with Sandia BMW.

I will add this word of caution: when I spoke to Kurt during delivery, he told me that he was seeing a ~6 month wait for new allocations, so I would try to confirm that with whoever your client advisor is when you next chat with them. The buzz I've heard on these forums is that it isn't much better elsewhere, but some folks have had success going through various brokers, etc. (of course some others have been burned - seems high risk to me).

Hope this helps, and good luck with the order!

Last edited by Keishune; 12-06-2021 at 03:20 AM..
Appreciate 0