RockinPA
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '22 Mexico Blue G80 xDrive, '2

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by og_e46 View Post
Not really sure, but I may be at build week 50 or week 4 for my M3C with Individual paint. Genius says start of production is week 48, and my CA says week 2. Either way, delivery is next year (I hope).
Haha welcome to the club. What color did you go with?

Quote:
Originally Posted by G80_SanMarino View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinPA View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by G80_SanMarino View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinPA View Post
I'd imagine we will see status 150 the week of 11/8 or 11/15 at latest. That's about how long before it's been changing for me (I started this journey in week 40).

As another forum member posted (Razman), BMW uses the ISO 8601 week numbering system (see screenshot from the website he shared).

https://www.calendar-12.com/week_number

This makes our week of completion the week of 12/5. Since it takes a couple weeks, our week 50 cars should start being produced the week of Thanksgiving!

For those of us on the west coast (with no extended delays/stop sales), it then takes 43-60 days for the car to reach the dealer.
So the build week is actually the week of completion? I thought this would be the week when they start production, and then finish production 2 weeks later. Mine is build week 49, so this would mean that it should start production in week 47 then? FYI I'm still in status 111 as of now.

Correct. Build week is the estimated week of completion. Your car will start production 1-2 weeks prior to your build week. Things aren't running as smooth this time around as with my last F80 M3 order but if you stay in week 49, I would imagine you'll go to scheduled -112- in the next week or two. It's all a crap shoot nowadays unfortunately.
Okay thanks! I saw someone saying it should be start of production according to the timeline his car was following so that's why I was wondering.
Yeah there is always a lot of misinformation regarding this… at least now you know you'll get your car approximately two weeks sooner than you originally thought. Lol. No problem!
Appreciate 1